- Disciplined focus on customer needs
- Develop solutions leveraging partnerships across the packaging value chain
- Target technologies that expand InterFlex’s solutions expertise
- Customized, value-engineered solutions
- Rapid and flexible development and implementation process
- Responsive local field support and global technical staff depth
InterFlex's Innovation Pathway
Resources & Capabilities
- Coordinated technical development across US and UK staffs
- Local field technical resources integrated into development process
- Fully equipped and staffed labs in four facilities
- Global tech center located in Appleton, Wisconsin
- Strategic vendor support for applications – focused developments
- Resins, substrates, adhesives, inks, equipment
- Flexible Packaging
- User Experience
- Roll Stock
InterFlex Offers Ultra HD Print Solution
Project Blue is a revolutionary new print process using the most advanced plate and screening technology available to generate Ultra High Definition graphics and deliver the ultimate in premium brand reproduction in flexible packaging. Its special characteristics provide consistent image quality equal to gravure, but with the traditional cost-efficiencies and quick turnaround advantages of flexographic print.
Cost efficient, flexible features
Blue delivers ultimate reproduction quality for brands. This award-winning pre-press innovation is ideal for larger color space and fixed palette printing. It achieves a much smaller dot configuration to deliver an extremely high-density ink lay, resulting in deeper color, enhanced tonal range and sharper imagery – setting it apart from traditional print alternatives.
Key characteristics: Ultra HD imagery, high density ink lay, 100% tonal range with soft vignettes, better minimum dot reproduction allowing pastel PMS shades, fixed color palette delivering 10% larger color space reliably over other methods, extended color gamut, lighter, smoother highlights, stronger, denser, dark areas, photographic quality images, and superior on-shelf impact for your brand.
InterFlex Barrier Solutions
In collaboration with two blue chip customers, InterFlex was able to develop barrier solutions which have reduced triplex laminates to duplex and/or exchanged expensive high performance films for less costly alternatives.
The Shelf Life Extension (SLE) technology not only improves the oxygen barrier (OTR) performance of the packaging, but also reduces the cost of the product through material substitution and value-engineering.
Used in conjunction with selected sealant webs, the barrier also offers high performance moisture barrier (MVTR) and can be produced in 100% recyclable polyolefin substrates.
The SLE technology also contains inherent aroma/taint barrier which is especially useful for highly flavoured/scented products, helping to avoid taint or loss of volatile essences. Products can match or better metallized and mineral coated substrates offering excellent barrier properties to transparent packaging.